National Novel Writing Month!

I'm participating in the NaNoWriMo this month, where the goal is 50,000 in 30 days. That's 1667 words a day and you have GOAL!

Tuatha and the Seven Sisters moon is officially released, and I am STILL participating. Why, you may ask? part is for the challenge of it, also there's the support I'd like to offer my fellow writers who can't seem to organize their thoughts to put words into their books.

I"m getting pretty caught up in the piece I'm writing. It's not something I'd normally write, as it holds a lot of personal feelings within the pages. The setting is my hometown of Niles, Ohio. And the emotions aren't really stirred by that fact alone, it's something else. Things that are bout to be committed to paper, a fictional paper at that, yet are based in truth. Memories, to be exact.

I'm a little torn about this story. I have two other books I've worked so hard on: the second in the Tuatha series and the first in my Blue Moon series. This story, however, is always picking at my attention, pulling away my thoughts, trying for it's chance to meet paper.

I've altered many things to make it a truly fictional story, so no one from back home needs to worry. Even still, there's an element to it that haunts me. Dreams. Are they really our subconscious speaking to us?

Sometimes, I hope that's not true.

0 comments:

Post a Comment