The Life and Times of No One In Particular by author Jamie White


Author: Jamie White
Book: The Life and Times of No One In Particular

Character Interviewed: Clarissa the Muse.
Beware the muse with a chip on her shoulder.
Muses are often called uncooperative, grumpy, lazy beings who abandon a writer when they're needed most. That couldn’t be further from the truth and I’ve decided it was time to tell our side of the story. Hey, we can only get cursed out so many times before we start to take it personally! Not to say that some muses out there don't play tricks on you (hence reality shows and some of the movies getting released lately) but most of us are trying to get through- you're just not listening. I've worked with photographers, musicians, writers and even a scientist (I’m still trying to live down that one). I think there's a lesson to take from most of them and some were just really great people I felt talking about. I'm a muse, we can be very impulsive. I think that is part of what makes us so great at our jobs; it allows us to be flexible and adapt to whatever our charges may need.  Follow me through the centuries as I try to get through to my charges and stay one step ahead of Melody. She’s a fellow muse and our running competition helps keep me on my toes and allows me to do the best job possible. Just don’t tell her that. In fact, pretend I never said that at all.
What is your muse trying to say to you? I might just be able to answer that...
Please answer all questions as the character.
  1. What traits did your creator give you that sets you apart from the others? Actually, she didn’t create me. I just let her have my story; Elander didn’t want it. Some people don’t see a good thing when it’s handed to them.
  2. Do you have any special characteristics, powers or abilities? Do you wish you had others? I can read minds and my presence allows my charges to be at their most creative. Oh yeah, I also can take physical form when I feel like it. Sometimes it’s necessary to get through to a really stubborn human.
  3. For you, what is the most important event in the story? Are you implying any part of my story isn’t important? Seriously, I think all of the people’s stories I talk about in here are important. There’s a lesson to take from each one.
  4. Is there some back story that you wish was included in the final edit? She could’ve talked a little bit more about my friendship/rivalry with Melody. I’m currently working on getting her to write another book or novella.
  5. If you could have added anything to the story, what would that have been? I personally think it would’ve been nice to talk about my time in Egypt, but who knows? Maybe I’ll get her to write that one as well.
  6. Are there other characters that you connect/clash with? Why? Melody, even though I sometimes wish I could strangle her. We are in constant competition, but I like that she keeps me on my toes. I like Elander, too. He gets me, even if he fears me still.
  7. If there is a sequel, what would you like to see yourself do in the next book? Pay Melody back for that bet I lost. This sports/political season can’t end soon enough for me.
  8. If you were to be played by a celebrity, who would it be and why? I think Eliza Dusku- She’d be great especially in a certain later part of the book where I had to be intimidating.
  9. If you would like to add anything, by all means let us know here: Remember to be good to your muses even if the ideas aren’t coming. We’re not trying to mess with you- I promise.

You can find Jamie at any of the links below, or on Amazon when her book drops on May 22nd!
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5561416.Jamie_White
Facebook: www.facebook.com/JamieBMusings
Twitter: www.twitter.com/JamieBMusings
Blog: www.jbcultureshock.wordpress.com
Website: www.jamiebmusings.webs.com
Youtube or videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Jamieavon77
Looking for inspiration? Jamie looks to nature to find hers.



0 comments:

Post a Comment